- You will be writing a five-page paper, this does not include the title page or the reference page.
- You must have at least 5 professional sources.
- You must “cite as you write.” Do not simply list your sources at the end of your paper. You must indicate, within your paper, where your information is from by using in-text citations.
- Please follow APA Style for citations. For help with proper APA writing style, please visit the Purdue OWL or the APA Resources under “Getting Started.”
- You must write your paper in Microsoft Word (doc., docx).
TOPIC: Should a police officer be required to have at least an Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice or some other closely related field?
Your discussion should include Does an officer’s education level play a role in his/her ability to understand and protect the rights of defendants/suspect, does a typical officer without a C.J. degree receive enough training on Constitutional rights from a police academy, is there any research being done in this area, and conclude with your opinion on requirements should be required for one to become a police officer.