The Sanchez family is a large extended family living in a Latino community in the midwest. You are their social worker, having just been hired at the local social service agency. Your job is to provide a psychosocial assessment, develop a case plan, and then execute that plan. This is a complex case that will require you to apply everything you are learning in your social work program! To get started, click on the button below, and begin your tasks.http://routledgesw.com/sanchez/home
Review the information on the case and respond to the questions in the post. Be sure to read the posts of other students and respond to at least 2 other students. Your responses must reflect critical thinking and engagement in the content. Ask thoughtful questions and leave comments about your agreement or different viewpoint. Write a few sentences to answer each question. See the attached rubric for details about grading.
- What are the long-term goals for the family as a whole in order of importance? (Note: focus on goals for the entire family, not individual members).
- Identify one SMART objective for the family that will help them accomplish the goal. “PLEASE USE THE SMART GOALS”
- What resources will be required? Include both the formal and informal resources you defined earlier, as well as additional resources that do not appear on the town map or in the case files.
- What can you do to help the family accomplish the goals?
- After reviewing your notes about your intervention plan, identify the measures that you could use to determine whether the family’s goals have been reached or not.