Read Acts 18:23-20-38 and Bruce, pages 286-299, concerning Paul’s Third Missionary Journey. Use the internet to research and view images of the ruins of Ephesus.
Answer the following questions
1. How did Paul deal with the former coverts of Apollos?
2. What is the significance of the city of Ephesus? What archaeological remains are there today?
3. What does it Corinthians 11:23-27 imply about an Ephesian imprisonment? What do some scholars about letters to churches written by Paul during the two years he was in Ephesus?
4. Discuss the Sons of Sceva. From a modern perspective, what are your thoughts, observations, beliefs about demon possession and exorcism?
5. Who was Artemis (Diana)? Describe the Riot of the Silversmiths, and explain why this happened.
6. What might all Christians learn from Paul’s farewell speech to the church elders in Ephesus?