Please answer each question separately. One question per page
- Describe the process of perception as a series of steps, beginning with the environmental stimulus and culminating in the behavioral responses of perceiving, recognizing, and acting.
- Because the long axons of neurons look like electrical wires, and both neurons and electrical wires conduct electricity, it is tempting to equate the two. Compare and contrast the functioning of axons and electrical wires in terms of their structure and the nature of the electrical signals they conduct.
- What is inference? Describe Hermann von Helmholtz’s Theory of Unconscious Inference. Compare and contrast the likeilhood principle with unconscious inference listing three similarities and three differences.
- What are the characteristics of the energy that we see as visible light? Provide an example illustrating how these characteristics are expressed when someone sees a rainbow. What types of things (situations and/or objects) can interfere with these characteristics?
- How does the eye transduce light energy into a neural message? What is the blind spot in the eye and how does it impact the transduction of light energy?