Required (C05.1): Read the Heinz dilemma (Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral Development), and consider what you would do if you were in his place. Write down your answer and the reasons behind it. How would your answer fit in Kohlberg’s stages? Are there other responses that Kohlberg would consider “more moral”? If so, how do you feel about this? Do you think Kohlberg’s “Heinz dilemma” is a good measure of one’s morality? Explain.Additionally, Select ONE of the questions below to discuss.
- Are people fairly accurate when making attributions about why they have experienced difficulties? What about when good things happen?
- Describe and illustrate internal and external attributions. What difficulties can occur if individuals are excessively internal in their attributions? What about someone who is excessively external?
- Recall a time when you or someone you know made an attributional error. What were the circumstances that led to the error and what was the impact of the error?
- How does our individualistic culture tend to support correspondence bias? Explain.
- Using an example to support your ideas, explain what has been called the “victim mentality” in terms of attribution.
NOTE: Make sure you answer all parts of the discussion question.
SUBMISSION – be timely in order to allow your classmates to respond.