- Distinguish between reasonable suspicion and probable cause.
- Be sure to illustrate your distinctions between these two terms with examples.
- Develop a checklist with a series of questions to ask when assessing reasonable suspicion Versus probably cause (for example, What drew your attention to this particular person?).
In Part 2 of this assignment, you are required to examine the 10 scenarios contained in the Reasonable Suspicion Versus Probable Cause Template [DOCX].
- Note: The first scenario is completed for you as an example to guide your work on the remaining nine scenarios.
For each scenario in the template:
- Determine whether reasonable suspicion or probable cause applies to each scenario.
- Justify your determinations.
- Use three sources to support your writing.
- Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate.
- Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment.