REFLECT on the following 3 questions:
1. What is the difference between a boundary-focused approach and a relationally-oriented approach (as per Combs & Freedman) in therapy? 2. Under what conditions would you do the following (by answering these questions, you are starting to self-assess and design “policies” for your practice–some of which you might include in your contract with your client):
- Accept gifts from clients?
- Buy your client’s services or products?
- Become business partners?
2. Why should a therapist be cautious when self-disclosing?